1. Contact information
Department of Mathematics
Building 48, Room 420
The designation of a data protection officer is not required.
2. Collection and processing of personal data including kind and purpose
2.1 When visiting the website
Your browser transmits certain information at the server, which could be used to identify you, when you visit my website. For example, you resp. your browser transmits information like the IP address you obtain from your internet provider. I will only use this information to maintain this website (but not for analytics, advertising, etc.).
The server automatically collects the following information in so-called log files:
- the domain you visit, e.g. joschmitt.eu
- the IP address of your computer
- date and time of the access
- the url you visit, e.g. /privacy-policy/
- possibly the website, from which you where linked to this site (the so-called referrer-url)
- the used browser and possibly the operating system of your computer (user-agent)
I only use these data to guarantee the smooth working of my website (for example by identifying dead links) and to maintain its security.
The log files containing your data are automatically deleted after at most seven days and no personal data is stored longer than this time.
The collection of your data happens in conformity with Art. 6 (1) point (f) GDPR. I will never use your data to gain any information on you.
2.2 When contacting me personally
You always have the possibility to contact me via my e-mail address and by doing so you will transmit your own e-mail address. This is in conformity with Art. 6 (1) point (a) GDPR, as you voluntarily agreed to share this information.
3. Sharing your personal data
I will only share your personal data with a third party, if:
- You allowed me to do so (Art. 6 (1) point (a) GDPR).
- There is a legal obligation for me to do so (Art. 6 (1) point (c) GDPR).
4. Your rights
You have the following rights.
- By Art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to ask for information regarding your personal data processed by me. In particular, you can obtain information regarding the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of the collected data, in case they where not collected by me, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and when applicable meaningful information about this.
- By Art. 16 GDPR, you may demand rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you without undue delay.
- By Art. 17 GDPR, you may demand erasure of your personal data without undue delay, if their processing is not necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of the public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- By Art. 18 GDPR, you may demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, I no longer need the data but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
- By Art. 20 GDPR, you may demand to receive your personal data, which you have provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another person.
- By Art. 7 (3) GDPR, you may withdraw your prior consent for processing your data given to me.
- By Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Usually you can turn to the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or place of work.
5. Right to object
If your personal data are processed because of a legitimate interest pursuant Art. 6 (1) point (f) GDPR, your have the right pursuant Art. 21 GDPR to object the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if you object the processing for direct marketing purposes. You have a general right to object in the latter case which is implemented by me without requiring a particular situation.
If you want to exercise your right to object, an e-mail at email@example.com suffices.